Around here, we take teeth seriously. But some of these facts just make us laugh out loud! Did you know some of these? Do you agree with them?
· 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of their co-workers.
· 38.5 total days an average American spends brushing teeth over lifetime- Over a month of our lives are spent brushing teeth!
· 73% of Americans would rather go grocery shopping than floss!???
· Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. Yuck!
· A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans.
· Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum.
· Only 40% of young people age 6 to 19 had ever in their lives had cavities. That’s down from 50% a decade ago. J
· More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones. (Mine is green!)
· The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! (Smile guys!)
· Kids laugh around 400 times a day, Grown-ups just 15. (One of the many valuable lessons we can learn from children!)
· Smilers in school yearbooks are more likely to have successful careers and marriages than poker faced peers.
· More than 51 million hours of school are lost each year by children due to dental related illness.
· Just 40% of children in poor or near-poor poverty level had a preventive dental visit in the past year.
· Energy drinks have 11% more sugar than regular soda. (Whoa- that’s a lot of sugar!)